Chugach Alaska Corporation ranks #6 on Alaska Business Monthly's Top 49ers
Chugach Alaska Corporation earned the #6 spot on Alaska Business Monthly’s 2014 Top 49ers list, which honors the top 49 Alaskan-owned businesses ranked by gross revenues. The winners were announced during a luncheon held at the Dena'ina Civic and Convention Center in downtown Anchorage on Wednesday, Oct. 2.
Chugach maintained its 2012 ranking at #6 on the list, bringing in more than $609 million in 2013 gross revenues. Arctic Slope Regional Corporation topped the list for the 20th consecutive year. Eighteen of the top 49ers are Alaska Native Corporations, representing the largest block.
The 2014 Top 49ers reported more than $15.25 billion in gross revenues in 2013, and support 25,951 employees in Alaska and 73,556 in US and international operations.
The top 10 2014 Alaska Business Monthly Top 49ers in order of rank and with 2013 gross revenues are:
- 1 Arctic Slope Regional Corporation, Rex A. Rock Sr., President/CEO, $2,525,615,000.
- 2 Bristol Bay Native Corporation, Jason Metrokin, President/CEO, $1,835,894,000.
- 3 NANA Regional Corporation Inc., Marie N. Greene, President/CEO, $1,700,000,000.
- 4 Chenega Corporation, Charles W. Totemoff, President/CEO, $1,044,000,000.
- 5 Lynden Inc., Jim Jansen, Chairman, $875,000,000.
- 6 Chugach Alaska Corporation, Gabriel Kompkoff, CEO, $609,000,000.
- 7 Afognak Native Corporation/Alutiiq, Greg Hambright, President/CEO, $526,000,000.
- 8 Calista Corporation, Andrew Guy, President/CEO, $368,914,000.
- 9 Alaska USA Federal Credit Union, William Eckhardt, President, $337,200,000.
- 10 Ukpeagvik Inupiat Corporation (UIC), Anthony Edwardsen, President/CEO, $320,716,000.
Alaska Business Monthly selects the Top 49ers by surveying Alaska companies with a short list of questions including gross revenue. To qualify for consideration a company must answer all questions, be at least 51 percent Alaskan-owned, and headquartered in Alaska.
To see the full list click here.
About Alaska Business Monthly
Alaska Business Monthly was established in 1984 and is Alaska's premier business magazine and website. Its goal is to promote economic growth in the state by providing a thorough and objective discussion and analysis of the issues and trends affecting Alaska's business sector; and by featuring stories on the individuals, organizations and companies that shape the Alaska economy. Learn more at the magazine's website.